Sanitation ( Housekeeper)
Salinas, CA 93901 US
Apply Now! Great Opportunity!
The Sanitation Sanitarian position is primarily responsible to sanitize/clean the facility and production equipment according to company procedures. In addition this position has a basic understanding of the equipment and equipment's function along with basic chemical applications awareness. This position plays a vital role Food Safety.
Food Safety Commitment
All personnel are responsible for food safety, food defense and are required to report any food safety risks immediately to their supervisor. All personnel are required to attend Food Safety training annually.
Minimum Background, Experience, and Requirements
- Maintain the plant location and surrounding area in compliance with Good Manufacturing
- Practices Audit and food safety standards.
- Responsible for detailed cleaning and up-keep of the plant, ensuring that all processing equipment is properly cleaned and sanitized to WOFF standards. Cleaning will also consist of floors, walls, ceilings as required for master sanitation
- Removal of all trash and product/soil from plant
- Exposure to chemical cleaning solutions (chlorine, acid and detergents) and adherence to safety protocols with these chemicals
- Must follow all personal Equipment tool color code guidelines in regards to contamination at all times
- Wear employer-specified protective equipment assigned at all times and Follow all Health & Safety guidelines established for this position
- Knowledge of chemical usage, proportions and regulations
- Knowledge of GMPs, Food Safety, Sanitation Procedures, and must be able to read MSDS
- Cooperative, courteous, can follow direction and maintain a positive attitude. Shows up to work consistently and in good form. Inform lead of equipment problems or unsafe work conditions.
Required Tools and Equipment
- Bump cap, hair net, ear plugs, safety glasses and beard net if not clean shaven.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand;walk;sit;use hands to finger, handle, or feel;reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to
100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions;related mechanical equipment, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, high noise levels and exposure to cleaning chemicals.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.75 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- 1st shift
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused