Del Rey, CA 93616
Coordinate safety training and programs within all facility departments. Maintains records of compliance and facilitate accident and incident reporting. Provide a consistent presence in all areas of the facility to monitor and encourage safe work practices and security procedures. Conduct Safety, Loss Prevention, Food Defense audits and observations of employee work habits.
The Human Resources Clerk reports to the HR Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle all front counter/employees to assure proper placement and assistance of employees.
- Assist with incoming calls.
- Communicate proper information at shift change to ensure other shifts have required instructions.
- Ensure proper paperwork is completed relative to time off requests, timecards, personal information changes, etc. Or other issues by employees at counter.
- Type correspondence as issued.
- Assists with onboarding
- Performs data entry
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information
- Filing as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Supervisor.
- Conducts various audits and corrective action follow-up
- Conduct employee observations to identify unsafe work habits
- Conduct periodic safety and health walk-through inspections
- Tracks the training program and ensures compliance.
- Assists in planning and conducting Safety Meetings and certifications
Accident and Incident Reporting:
- Assembles accident and incident files including initial investigation.
- Enters accident and incident data into Enablon (EHS system)
- Assists in post-accident training.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
Ability to take direction
- Seek validation of work, openly accept constructive criticism, and prudently incorporate improvements.MInterpersonal skills, Good Judgment
- Able to build on existing alliances and form new alliances
- Able to deal with setbacks and conflict in a mature, productive manner Mindsets and behaviors
- Sets example by challenging long-held beliefs Performance management
- Sets demanding targets and pushes team to deliver
- Holds others accountable for delivering, with strong incentives and consequences
- Maintain a presence on the floor and be available to answer employee questions and seek employee input related to Safety.
- Support plant personnel in selection of appropriate personal protection equipment teams
- Other duties as assigned by the Safety Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to provide guidance and assistance to all levels of employees.
- Professional communication skills.
- Present a professional image as a representative of the Company.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Ability to employ creative and innovative thought processes.
- Ability to perform analysis and communicate results effectively.
- Training Facilitator
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management
- Should be able to lead safety committee or sub
- Computer Literate
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education and experience. 2 years of clerical, HR and customer service experienc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.