Quality Control Tech
Moss Landing, CA 95039
- Perform and document quality sampling, inspection, physical and organoleptic attributes of raw material, work in progress and finish product according to SOPs. Tasks include aseptic sampling at designated time
points for physical and chemical analyses, magnet and CCP monitoring, and equipment calibration.
- Must undergo GMP and HACCP training and maintain a conscious awareness of personnel, equipment and
quality food safety measures at all times.
- Notifying production lead and/or supervisor of non-conforming product, placing said product on hold as needed
- Light housekeeping of laboratory, work area, tools and equipment accountability.
- Fill in for Microbiologist
- Fill in for Research & Development
- High school diploma or equivalent required; manufacturing, laboratory and quality experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to stand / walk for 6 to 8 hours per shift
- Basic math skills and computer literacy
- Completes work accurately, precisely, truthfully and in timely manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Professional attitude, good attendance and time management. Demonstrate accurate and thorough quality work and informed decision making process that incorporates concern for quality, safety and security
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, Quality, production and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to calculate figures such addition, division, multiplication and percent. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet, Database, Email and Word Processing soft such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 15
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
SAFETY / PPE REQUIREMENTS
Must complete training as specified by the Company. Hearing protection or other PPE may be required when performing certain job functions. Employee must utilize mechanical aids (or assistance of a co-
worker) to lift and / or move objects over 50 pounds.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT REQUIRED TO HANDLE:
Laboratory equipment: Scales, refractometer, pH meter, solid analyzer, thermometer, pipette
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. It is expected that all safety policies and procedures are followed and enforced in such situations.
- Employment at the Company is employment at-will. Employment at-will may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time by the employee or the Company. Nothing in this job
description or in any document or statement shall limit the right to terminate employment at-will.
- Food Safety Commitment
All personnel are responsible for food safety, food defense and are required to report any food safety risks immediately to their supervisor. All personnel are required to attend Food Safety training annually.
- Special projects as required