Merced, CA 95348
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and document quality sampling, inspection, physical and organoleptic attributes of raw material, work in progress and finish product according to SOPs. Tasks include aseptic sampling at designated time
points for physical and chemical analyses, magnet and CCP monitoring, and equipment calibration.
- Must undergo GMP and HACCP training and maintain a conscious awareness of personnel, equipment and quality food safety measures at all times.
- Notifying production lead and/or supervisor of non-conforming product, placing said product on hold as needed
- Light housekeeping of laboratory, work area, tools and equipment accountability.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; manufacturing, laboratory and quality experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to stand / walk for 6 to 8 hours per shift
- Basic math skills and computer literacy
- Completes work accurately, precisely, truthfully and in timely manner
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Professional attitude, good attendance and time management.
- Demonstrate accurate and thorough quality work and informed decision making process that incorporates concern for quality, safety and security
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, Quality, production and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to calculate figures such addition, division, multiplication and percent. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet, Database, Email and Word Processing soft such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.