Marina, CA 93933
Pay rate: $16-18 depending on experience
Shift: 2nd starts at 1pm
Is responsible for ensuring a quality pack is achieved to the standards set by the Food Safety & Compliance Department.
- Ensure employees are following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good Hygiene.
- Continuously check product quality, comparing to specifications
- Continuously check production systems and processes
- Inspect quality and accuracy of incoming packaging materials
- Check and verify that all HACCP and QA logs are being filled out in a timely manner and are accurate
- Ensure and verify that employees are washing and drying their hands upon entering the production area or as needed and that gloves are sanitized and in good condition.
- Ensure that good housekeeping is in place in plant
- Follow and observe all rules and wear proper PPE hair nets, gloves, sleeves, aprons, glasses and ear plugs.
- Report any problems that are observed or noted immediately to production manager or supervisor
- Ensures that garlic/product is packed to standards set by the Food Safety and Compliance.
- Ensure product weights are correct on final packs.
- Assist and ensure that quantities packed are correct (coordinate with Operators/Managers/Receivers).
- Is responsible for all other duties as assigned.
- Calibrate/clean thermometers report any issues immediately.
- Swab equipment turn in results to Janette daily prior to production.
- Check hand sanitation stations change cartridge if necessary all should be dated.
- Check soap dispenser and towel dispenser should be full.
- Clean metal detection blocks/wands.
- Check all metal detectors to ensure they are operating correctly prior to production.
- Check to make sure ozone system is working at proper levels.
- Check cooler temperatures.
- Complete walk through with production lead/sanitation lead.
- Be on the floor when packing begins on each line approve pack, lot # and dates.