Del Rey, CA 93616
The primary purpose of this position is to check water temperature and PAA concentration in water system as well as Arils for color, damage and moisture in the finished cups. Check best buy dates on cups and finish good boxes before product ships out. Able to work safely in cold wet environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respect GMP & Food Safety Guidelines.
- Maintain a safe environment.
- Maintain a Food Safety environment and support a quality culture, comply with company policies.
- Create and maintain a professional working environment.
- Able to communicate with all the other QC s.
- Good reading and writing skills.
- Maintain area in a clean & organized manner.
- Check for moisture and damage in the finished cups.
- Perform any work as assigned.
- Able to check (PAA) readings.
- Work with required instruments to check PH, TA(Acid) and Brix(Sugar).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to see fine prints.
- Ability to handle cold environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Able to communicate with Leads and Supervisors.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to read and write documents or reports.
- Ability to input Data when Data person is not available.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Characteristics should include but not be limited to: being able to work with others; work efficiently with little or no supervision.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
GED or high school diploma preferred, or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subject to variant temperatures. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, protective shoes, protective clothing, and in the plant, a hard hat.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand. The employee is required to use hand to
fingers to pack finish product. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.