Salinas, CA 93901 US
We are now seeking a Production Coordinator to join our team in Salinas, CA! The ideal candidate should have proven related experience, have attention to detail, and great communication skills. Apply now to be considered!
Title: Production Coordinator | Pay Rate: $19.50/hr | Shift: 2nd
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor, the Production Coordinator will assist in monitoring production of the shift to include, but not limited to, work orders, attendance, and productivity. Assists the Production Supervisor in ensuring standards are met and/or exceeded, while also possessing the ability to professionally interact with different departments within the company.
- At least a High School Diploma
- At least one year of analytical experience
- Food manufacturing or packaging experience preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- Working knowledge of computers, systems and databases
- Ability to receive written and verbal directions
- Ability to understand general work processes
- Ensure Safety First is always practiced, while observing and adhering to all job safety rules
- Ensures that production area is always "audit ready"
- Reviews production schedule with Production Supervisor. Assigns work orders to Machine Operators Charts progress of production schedules and revisions
- Prepares Work Order packet
- Releases and prints Work Orders, verifying against schedule
- Reviews Work Orders with Machine Operators to ensure accuracy and understanding
- Communicates revisions to production personnel
- Monitors work order completion to ensure labor hours, material and production are accurate and current
- Coordinates with the warehouse to ensure enough product is available, preventing down time
- Communication with operators to account for personnel, assist with line balancing when applicable
- Assisting with monitoring attendance, including but not limited to, reviewing of the "call off line"
- Review the Timekeeping System to ensure required timekeeping practices are followed, notify Management of missed, late, or short meal periods, or any other timekeeping discrepancies
- Abide by and enforce ALL Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Responsible for reporting Food Defense observations to Quality Teams
Physical Requirements/ Environment
- Repetitive lifting, push, pulling up to 50 pounds
- Frequent standing walking, bending, twisting, lifting, climbing stairs
- Normal vision, hearing sensitivity and manual dexterity is necessary in position
- Fast pace manufacturing/packaging work environment