Fresno, CA 93727
Pay Rate: $DOE
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inventory management of raw materials
- Track shipments and documentation from the time the product is contracted through shipment, manage shipping schedules, ETA s, clearance, QA inspection, vendor payment etc.
- Monitor inventory items that are nearing expiration, have already expired, etc.
- Ensure communication of these items to QA, Finance, and Procurement all the way through adjustments in our system
- Work closely with QA to manage HOLD list, items that need to be returned to vendors, disposed of, etc.
- Interface with QA and finance (in close coordination with procurement team in Fresno) to communicate with vendors, determine appropriate vendor payments, acquire docs, assist in product rejects to vendors, excessive production issues due to products that do not meet specs on production line (ie. Chargebacks) etc.
- Such other procurement-related responsibilities as requested by the Vice President of Operations
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by management
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
- One to two years of inventory management of raw materials experience or equivalent
- Food manufacturing experience is essential
- Experience with USDA, FDA, OSHA & other regulatory agencies
- Ability to follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment (computers, printers, fax machines etc.)
- Must be punctual and maintain regular attendance
- Ability to work overtime as needed with little or no notice
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen & criminal background investigation
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in an ethical manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Must provide references upon request
- Frequently required to stand/walk/sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity and use a keyboard
- Frequently required to utilize visual acuity to read information
- Occasionally required to lift/push/pull/carry items up to 25 pounds
Regular exposure to elements such as noise, dust, heat, cold and food products The work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.