Packaging Machine Operator
San Juan Bautista, CA 95045
Position - Packaging Machine Operator $DOE
The Packaging Machine Operator sets up, adjusts and operates automated packaging equipment
including but not limited to: Pac Macs, Video Ject Case Coders, Markem Printers, Ishida Scales, Vertical
Form Fill, Top Sealers, Adept Robotics and Sonic Welders. This individual is responsible for monitoring
the production line and ensuring equipment is consistently running successfully and people are working
property on the lines.
- Performs pre-shift equipment checks to ensure proper functioning.
- Ensures all down time is recorded on the PMO Monitoring form
- Performs Quality checks using processing line Metal Detectors as required
- Can operate two lines simultaneously as required
- Assists in other areas of Production as required
- Sets up and adjusts machines to run a variety of clam sizes and types according to production schedule
- Stops, locks out/tags out or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and reports malfunctions to supervisor or manager. Notifies Packaging Technicians in a timely fashion if/when unable to rectify problem independently and follows the communication protocol.
- Performs quality checks ensuring finished units are marked with the correct date code, box code,
- UPC number/product code, target weight, ingredient mix, and label; stops line and notifies Quality Assurance and Production Management in the event of a non-conformance.
- Communicates with other production staff members to ensure efficient production, appropriate output levels and to minimize set-up times.
- Monitors production line for malfunctions and adjusts machinery in accordance with policy and safety procedures to correct problems.
- Cooperates with supervisors and managers and ensures compliance with all Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), Hazard Communication, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 - Section 110.
- Performs preventative maintenance checks throughout shift and advise Supervisor of equipment malfunctions.
- Work in other areas of Production as and when required by business needs
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and overtime as business needs.
- Available to work on holidays as required by business needs
- Willingness and ability to lead and offer directions/guidance. Reliable, responsible, dependable and fulfilling of obligations.
- Proactively assist team members, managers and employees as needed.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Change Management Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
- Results oriented, ensures the completion of schedule
- Must communicate in an assertive manner, being respectful and mindful of our diverse workforce
- Lead team of people with the ability to focus on safety, well-being, and schedule completion
- Ability to perform physical activities as outlined in the following Physical Demands section of this position description.
- Oriented to results by ensuring the competition of schedule.
- Communicate in an assertive manner, being respectful and mindful of our diverse workforce.
- Lead a team of people with the ability to focus on safety, well-being, and schedule completion.
- Ability to perform physical activities as outlined in following Physical Demands section of this position description.
Visit - 1426 Freedom Blvd Watsonville, CA 95076
Or Call - 831-728-9800
Or Email - watsonville@fullsteamstaffing.Com