Mixline Heavy Labor
San Juan Bautista, CA 95045
Individuals in this position are responsible to safely and efficiently perform a variety of unskilled manufacturing heavy labor tasks involved in the production of Earthbound Farm products. Tasks and duties include combining, mixing, monitoring and manipulating materials. Individuals must be able to routinely work ten (10) or more hours per day and be available nights and/or weekends as required by the business needs.
- Mix the different variety of product onto conveyer as required by blend recipe.
- Repetitive lifting, pulling, pushing and dumping throughout daily work schedule
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually.
- Work around machinery and excessive noise
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected; notify supervisors or operators of any malfunctions or safety concerns.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Push, pull and move pallets with a pallet jack
- Immediately notify supervisor of any process deviations from specification or any contamination of product.
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work area at all times.
- Participate in and complete all required training.
- Willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Adhere to all Company food safety protocols and requirements; perform tasks in a manner that protects and promotes food safety.
- Cooperate with supervisors and managers and ensure compliance with all Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 - Section 110.
- Able to work within a team environment.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body as outlined in the attached Physical Demands section of this position description.
- Proactively assist other employees and team members as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned, that may require task and area change.
- Change Management Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception).
- Ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (ear plugs, hard hats, coveralls, smocks, gloves, goggles, and other GMP required equipment; hair net, beard net).
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
- No formal education required.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- Minimum six (6) months experience in a physically demanding occupation.
- Demonstrated history of reliably fulfilling obligations and delivering quality results.
- No specific skills or experience required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to smell of chlorine, extremely cold temperatures (34-36 degrees) in a refrigerated manufacturing facility with wet conditions; regularly works near moving mechanical parts, heavy machinery and forklift traffic; regularly exposed to high noise environments.