Manufacturing General Labor
San Juan Bautista, CA 95045
Position: Manufacturing General Labor
Individuals in this position are responsible to safely and efficiently perform a variety of unskilled manufacturing tasks involved in the production of Earthbound Farm products. Tasks include such activities as weighing, combining and mixing materials, monitoring and manipulating materials at various stages of processing; filling various sized containers; and preparing product for shipment.
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected; notify supervisors or operators of any malfunctions or safety concerns.
- Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Immediately notify supervisor of any process deviations from specification or any contamination of product.
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work area at all times.
- Load and unload raw product from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Pack finished product (bags or clamshells) into appropriate cartons.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
- Start machine by engaging controls.
- Remove finished packaged items from machine and separate rejected items.
- Attach identification labels to finished packaged items.
- Rotate through romaine, radicchio, frisee and herb specialty lines: visually inspect outer and inner layers of product for any defects or contamination; remove damaged layers; use knife to trim tips of leaves and cut bottom of head; core head using coring ring; place cored and trimmed head on conveyor.
- Keep work areas organized and clean at all times.
- Participate in and complete all required training.
- Adhere to all Company food safety protocols and requirements; perform tasks in a manner that protects and promotes food safety.
- Cooperate with supervisors and managers and ensure compliance with all Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 - Section 110.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extremely cold temperatures (34-36 degrees) in a refrigerated manufacturing facility with wet conditions; regularly works near moving mechanical parts, heavy machinery and forklift traffic; regularly exposed to high noise environments.
Visit - 1426 Freedom Blvd Watsonville, CA 95076
Or Call - 831-728-9800
Or Email - watsonville@fullsteamstaffing.Com