Lacey, WA 98516
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of warehouse janitorial needs
- Perform cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, scrubbing floors, spider webs, washing walls and glass, removing plastics and cardboard.
- Performing routine maintenance activities and notifying management of need for repairs.
- Trouble shoot and problem solving
- Janitor must promote a safe work environment through personal actions; identify any safety concerns as well as cost saving opportunities
- Janitor must show a high level of responsibility
- Follow instructions for safely operating equipment
- Have an understandable knowledge of the Operators Manual
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized work area at all times.
- Must be flexible and able to work any shift in support of business needs
- Tolerance to work in a variation of controlled temperatures; as low at 30 degrees F.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant certifications and experience
- Must be certified and able to operate Electric pallet jack, Forklift, Reach
- Ability to work independently
- Strong commitment to SAFETY
- Knowledge of MSDS
- Knowledge of janitorial duties.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, meet deadlines, and work with difficult individuals or task assignments
- Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented and excellent people skills
- Must be able to read and understand numbers and labels.
- This position requires associates to follow MHE Operations and Safe Driving practices, Safe Lifting, No Contact Policy, MHE Check out Process, and any other safety rules or policies.