Stockton, CA 95206
Reports to: Janitorial Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Job Purpose: Monitor all cleaning and janitorial duties; maintain warehouse expectations of a clean warehouse, while promoting a safe environment for all employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of warehouse janitorial needs
- Facilitate daily safety meetings, when necessary.
- Keep building in clean and orderly condition.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Delegate daily tasks for employees
- Knowledge of MSDS ( Material Safety Data Sheets)
- Certified for EPJ.
- Promote safety policies.
- Lead by example
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, scrubbing floors, spider webs, washing walls and glass, removing plastics and cardboard.
- Follow instructions for operating equipment
- Have an understandable knowledge of the Operators Manual
- Keep work area clean of debris; clean and sweep as needed
- Will maintain MHE badge checkout system
- Must be flexible and able to work any shift in support of business needs
- Performing routine maintenance activities and notifying management of need for repairs.
- Trouble shoot and problem solving
- Janitorial Lead must show a high level of responsibility
- Follow instructions for safely operating equipment
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized work area at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant certifications and experience
- Must be certified and able to operate Electric pallet jack, Forklift, Reach
- Ability to work independently
- Strong commitment to SAFETY
- Knowledge of MSDS
- Knowledge of janitorial duties.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, meet deadlines, and work with difficult individuals or task assignments
- Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented and excellent people skills
- Must be able to read and understand numbers and labels.
- This position requires associates to follow MHE Operations and Safe Driving practices, Safe Lifting, No Contact Policy, MHE Check out Process, and any other safety rules or policies.
Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. Regularly
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.