Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Human Resources Manager in applying corporate HR policies and programs within their HR area of responsibility
- Assist Payroll Administration to produce a timely and accurate weekly payroll for all employees. Ensure all time punches are collected and punches are correct.
- Ensure all new hire packets on the first day of employment are completed, and review job description with each new hire
- Maintain Employee information, files and records
- Maintain all applications and resumes consistent with all applicable labor laws.
- Coordinate job postings for available positions, verify the existence of current job descriptions and ensure the completion of related fonns.
- Works with hiring managers to fill open positions in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensures all administrative and/or clerical functions as required, including processing all necessary employee and depmtmental paperwork is appropriately completed
- Perform functions related to general customer service for all HR related items and assist employees with general questions.
- Coordinate and hold bi-monthly supervisors safety meeting with all departments
- Assist Coordinating monthly safety lunches for both shifts
- Understand the complete Employee Manual and enforce company policies.
- Assist organizing yearly Christmas party
- Assists with the processing of grievances in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Maintains an above-average knowledge of general state and federal employment compliance requirements
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ideal candidate should be experienced in high volume, fast paced environment, and ability to work various shifts. Position may stmi as a standard 8am to 5pm job but you must be flexible to work various shifts and facilities based on work environment needs.
- Must have valid driver' s license and maintain adequate auto insurance to meet MCI' s minimum needs. Must possess strong Microsoft word and excel experience ideally working with Human Resources.
- English & Spanish usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Principles and practices of Employee Relations, Supervision, Safety, Worker' s Compensation, Affirmative Action, Personnel Administration and training.
- Clear understanding of Federal, State and local laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources such as benefits; compensation, employment and employee relations.
- Communicating and implementing goals, objectives and practices.
- Analyzing, interpreting and applying Company policies and procedures, and Federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to employment and employee relations.
- Recrniting, interviewing and selecting applicants in accordance with established employment practices and methods.
- Monitoring and assuring the confidentiality and proper maintenance of human resources reports. Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with others.
- Managing multiple projects; defining problems, collecting data, recommending methods, procedures and techniques for resolution.
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Requires the ability to sit for extended periods, stand, bend, walk, communicate via telephone, computer and/or face-to-face contact, vision to monitor, and use basic office equipment such as a personal computer, copier and fax machines regularly during the course of work.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor, after any special training or instruction is given, if necessary.