San Bernardino, CA 92408
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in weekly payroll process. Distribute pay checks and pay stubs to employees.
- Prepare and verify cash deposits.
- Provide general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines, and recording minutes as needed.
- Respond to various inquiries from managers and employees, and from other agencies or departments.
- Exercise individual judgment while dealing with potential or real troubles on own initiative and bringing them to manager s attention.
- Maintain employee file records up-to-date by handling changes in employee status in timely manner.
- Check and audit timekeeping records for accuracy, maintain time and attendance records, enter new hires into the payroll system, and miscellaneous changes.
- Assist in setting up and planning of company related events.
- Complete, verify, and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, and unemployment and medical insurance.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries and submit them to appropriate departments.
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans.
- Perform daily warehouse inspections and report findings to Operational Manager
- Process invoices.
- Order office supplies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a self-initiator who can complete an assigned task with little or no supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Experience recruiting and interviewing techniques as well the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Knowledge of payroll systems and be able to grasp processing schemes and systems quickly.
- Knowledge of ADP or the Stromberg System is a plus.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required, with an associates degree in a business related discipline is preferred.