Del Rey, CA 93616
Perform all tasks involved in the production of POM Wonderful LLC products which includes but not limited to; stacking, strapping finished goods pallets, supplying materials to the packers, keeping areas clean and organized. Notify the supervisor/leads of low supply levels and to do any other tasks as assigned by their supervisor or lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all GMP, Food Safety & Company Policies
- To be able to follow written and or verbal instructions
- Be responsible for the company supplied items such as wet suits, gloves, sleeves and smocks.
- They are responsible to notify their supervisor of any problems arising regarding safety, harassment, or attendance issues.
- Maintain material and supplies for packers
- Stack boxes in the correct patterns, counts and type pallet according to the Arils schedule.
- Must be able to keep track of all the completed pallet counts.
- Perform any other work as assigned
- Able to manually wrap completed boxes on the pallet.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to stand for long periods of time, reaching bending and turning.
- Able to work in cold environments.
- Good vision.
- Good eye hand coordination.
- Able to clearly communicate with leads or supervisors.
- Able to watch fast moving conveyors without getting sick.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to operate electric floor jack to move pallets.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Characteristics should include but not be limited to: being able to work with others; work efficiently with little or no supervision; understand and able to do basic math equations, speak the data that is being collected and open availability including evenings and weekends.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
GED or high school diploma preferred, or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subject to variant temperatures. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, protective shoes, protective clothing, and in the plant, a hard hat.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.