Hollister, CA 95023 US
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist to join our team in Hollister, CA. We need someone who is a collaborative problem solver with excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate would also have a strong understanding of safety regulations, hazardous waste management practices, and relevant laws.
Job Title: EHS Specialist | Salary: $70-$90k (DOE)
** must be Bilingual: English/Spanish**
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist will be responsible for assisting the EHS manager with developing, implementing, managing, and providing oversight of Roeslein s EHS programs and procedures both domestically and internationally in manufacturing and construction settings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in planning and implementing safety policies and procedures with local, state, & federal EPA/ OSHA rules and regulations.
- Assist in building a structured health and safety ownership and accountability program within the company by standardizing and communicating clearly defined safety regulations.
- Assist in maintaining and updating environmental compliance for hazardous waste, storm water, and air permits.
- Assist in providing oversight for worker s compensation case management.
- Assist in completing the job assessments for physical demands development.
- Perform noise assessments and solvent IH sampling.
- Perform PPE risk assessments and create task matrixes.
- Generate fall protection written procedures, risk assessments, and inspections.
- Write LOTO and confined space machine specific procedures.
- Develop a SDS (MSDS) formal document library;update SDS s as needed.
- Update the compliance tasks list and ensure compliance with critical preventative maintenance calendar updates.
- Assist in driving continuous improvement through safety analyses, audits, and investigations.
- Assist in coordinating the daily activities of safety in support of the operations team.
- Support construction activities both domestically and internationally with procedure development and training.
- Provide solutions to complex environmental, safety, health and security issues serving as a safety leader.
- Provide appropriate safety and health, incident prevention, and investigation training for managers and supervisors.
- Assist management in the inspection of workplaces and project sites to assure safe and healthful conditions for workers.
- Provide promotional materials to promote safe work performance.
- Assist management and supervisors in investigating incidents and developing measures to prevent recurrences.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of safety regulations.
- Travel domestically and internationally ranging from 25-35% per year.
- Develop and maintain relationships with employees at all locations.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established safety and company requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the organization s goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures for short periods of time is possible. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas. Shift work may be required as production demands change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel;reach with hands and arms;climb or balance;stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl;and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs. On a regular basis is required. Considerable knowledge of Federal EPA/OSHA, State, and local regulations in both general industry and construction. International experience with safety regulations is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL / ABILITY / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree or greater in accredited Safety, Engineering, or a related field is highly desired.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in EHS related field.
- Considerable knowledge of Federal EPA/OSHA, State, and local regulations in both general industry and construction. International and construction experience with safety regulations is a plus.
- Must possess broad technical expertise, business and industry knowledge, and process and people leadership capabilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate and train on EHS fundamentals.
- Excellent planning, organization, and communication skills;both oral and written is required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills including First Aid/CPR, Six Sigma and ISO 14001 Lead Auditor.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Roeslein & Associate s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.