Customer Service Planner
Salinas, CA 93901 US
We are now seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Customer Service Planner to join our team in Salinas, CA! If this sounds like you, apply now!
Job Title: Customer Service Planner | Pay Rate: Monday- Friday | Shift: M-F, 7: 30am-4: 30pm
Under direction of the Customer Service Supervisor, the Customer Service Planner provides analytical and customer service support to assigned customers for assigned products; from the creation of a short-term statistical forecasts of consumer demand through product delivery to customers. The objective of this position is to develop and execute inventory plans that will enable Chiquita to meet sales and service objectives for the Fresh Express business. This position interacts daily with customers, field sales, brokers, production/distribution centers, and transportation organizations to obtain information needed for accurate forecasting.
Demand Planning Duties (55%)
- Directly interface with the customer to create the daily base and promotional customer forecasts by customer, SKU, and location, performing required quality assessment of the forecast data to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Use available forecasting tools and run necessary suggested vs. Actual reports to accurately forecast customer demand, by SKU, by day with a target accuracy of 80%.
- Collection of quantitative and qualitative data to support forecasting. This includes historical demand, expansion of distribution, new customers, price changes, promotion plans, etc.
- Modeling the impacts of demand factors as seen in historical data to call out base history from incremental business.
- Review statistical forecasts with Sales, Commercial Operations, and Product Marketing; make modifications as necessary.
- Validation with the customer of promotion items, duration of promotion and depth of trade allowance as well as forecasted quantities for promotions.
- Review of the forecasts and develop the appropriate post promotional analysis necessary to improve forecast accuracy.
- Help manage inventory levels by directly selling product to customers.
Customer Service Duties (45%)
- Input orders through various means: PRMS, EDI, I-Trade, Food Link, E-Fax, e-mail, phone, etc., reviewing variances between the retail and food service customer forecasts and actual orders and respond to significant variances, as appropriate.
- Facilitate/coordinate transportation arrangements to help insure timely communication and product delivery.
- Manage the customer relationship process, providing Fresh Express customers with a high level of service as defined by: delivery as ordered, on-time, and invoiced accurately.
- Responsible for resolving issues relative to customer service and satisfaction in the most cost effective manner possible; adjusting customer orders, as appropriate based on available inventory.
- Validate customer pricing; base and promoted consistent with SOX requirements.
- Manage OS&D's and approve credits & deductions.
- Promote customer adherence to order management guidelines at targeted levels.
- Release invoices and perform administrative filing.
- Responsible for the input of data into several "off-line" reports / data bases which capture critical customer service and quality information related to product rejections, product quality defects, and customer / consumer complaints.
Position Skills & Qualifications Desired
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving and selling skills.
- Intermediate MS Office skills.
- Ability to work with multiple internal and external groups to achieve company objectives.
Position Experience Qualifications
- 3+ years customer service experience, preferably within a consumer products company.
- AS400/MRP experience.
- Demand planning / forecasting experience preferred.
- Supply chain dynamics.
- Food industry and/or produce, especially value-added salad category a plus.
- ERP systems.
- PRMS and Logility.
- Order management or forecasting functions.
Position Education & Training Preferred
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience.