Watsonville, CA 95076
PRIMARY DUTIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
Report to a Custodian Supervisor who is responsible for the direction of housekeeping services in the facility.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms using established practices and procedure.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and clean cigarette urns; replace light bulbs; refill restroom dispensers.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, conferences, events, etc.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, floor scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Wash walls and equipment; use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use checking for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, turn off lights.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed.
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas within sixteen feet of buildings using hand-operated tools or small power equipment.
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Wash accessible interior and exterior windows. Clean blinds. Launder cleaning rags and dust mops.
- Have essential physical and mental capabilities in the following: Interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, follow directions, comprehension, calculating, reading, writing, speaking, evaluating, mathematics, organizing and innovation.
- Attend to emergencies when necessary.
- Attend safety meetings and other related meetings.
- Take classes as required in cleaning methods and techniques, new products, First Aid, CPR, and working relationships.
- Handle recycling materials.
- Assist with calls
- Assist with inventory control and security.
- Safely operate all forklift vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Support and enforce all company procedures and governmental such as, OSHA safety regulations and guidelines, etc.
- Enforce and support policies established by the President of the company.
- Perform related duties as required.
Work Position (Percentage of Time):
Standing: 45 Walking: 45 Sitting: 10
Body Movement (Frequency):
None (0) Limited (1) Occasional (2) Frequent (3) Very Frequent (4)
Lifting (lbs.): 80 Lifting: 2 Bending: 3
Pushing and/or Pulling Loads:
2 Reaching Overhead: 2 Kneeling or Squatting: 2 Climbing Stairs: 2 Climbing Ladder: 1