Del Rey, CA 93616 US
We are now hiring a cook to join out team in Del Rey, CA! Apply now!
Shift: 2nd (must be open to OT) | Pay Rate: $17/hr
The cook position is responsible for the preparation of food to exact specifications as well as set up serving stations in an appropriate manner according to the menu.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this Job. The duties described below may not be an all-inclusive list and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service (e.G. Chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Answer, report and follow all instructions provided by restaurant management and/or chefs.
- Ensure workstation is clean and sanitary as well as all leftover food is handled and stored appropriately.
- Stock inventory appropriately.
- Ensure food items ordering within the same order are presented simultaneously, in high quality, and in a timely fashion.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations, food safety regulations, as well as standard safety regulations.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
- Conduct other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent working knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Comply with all ServSafe and HACCP programs and principles
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Possess ServSafe certificate or State/City Food Handlers card
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Culinary school diploma preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of previous job related cooking experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subject to variant temperatures. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, protective shoes, protective clothing, and in the plant, a hard hat.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee frequently is required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- High school diploma or GED required, Culinary school diploma preferred
- Minimum 1 year of previous job related cooking experience
- Ability to correctly and safely use standard kitchen equipment
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance