Admin Safety Manager
Redlands, CA 92373 US
Are you an experienced Safety Manager looking for a dynamic new opportunity? If so, our client is now hiring a Admin Safety Manager to join their team in Redlands, California. In this role, you will be responsible for providing site safety leadership and ensuring compliance with corporate safety standards. The successful candidate will possess working knowledge of OSHA and other local, state, and federal agencies. This is a great opportunity to join an established team with competitive salary from $70, 000 to $80, 000 a year. Don t miss out on this amazing opportunity apply today!
Job Purpose: To provide site safety leadership, ensure facility compliance with corporate safety standards, implement safety directives, improve safety performance, and ensure facility safety policies and procedures are aligned with governmental regulations.
Job Title: Safety Manager Salary: $70-80K Shift: TBD
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance
- Investigate industrial accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes
- Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short- and long-term strategic safety planning and development
- Order and maintain facility safety inventory including supplies and equipment
- Work within company policy as outlined in the companies Code of Safe Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and OSHA Safety rules
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of OSHA, Fire Dept, and all other Local, State, and Federal Agencies.
- This position has direct Management responsibility over a department of 1 to 10 employees
- This position is functionally responsible for the manner in which work is performed by all facility employees
- 5-7 years of progressive warehouse safety experience
- Two years of college in related safety field;AA or BA preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to build trust and confidence with management and supervision
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels
- Consultation skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA, ANSI, NFPA)
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Employee has frequent contact with employees, representatives of outside agencies and organizations and therefore must have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to work standing up or sitting down for long periods of time.
- Must be able to traverse and access all areas of a warehouse environment.
- Must be able to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.