San Juan Bautista, CA 950459533
POSITION TITLE: Warehouse Technician
POSITION LOCATION: Salinas, CA
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION: Reports to the Warehouse Supervisor.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Responsible for general warehouse activities such as receiving, seed enhancing, shipping,
packaging, sampling, and the overall maintenance of the warehouse.
Summary of responsibilities:
1. Physical receiving of incoming product.
2. Seed Enhancing.
3. Shipping / Packaging.
5. Other duties as assigned.
Brief description of responsibilities and duties:
1. Physical receiving of incoming product Receive incoming seed product and non-seed items, taking care to follow separate protocol for organic seed. Prepare accurate and complete receiving records, ensuring that shipments are received into the system in a timely manner. Arrange seed items in proper warehouse location and record properly.
2. Seed Enhancing Clean or coat seed per instructions of Processing Assignments making sure the seed meets Enza quality standards. Insure proper and thorough cleaning of equipment prior to cleaning or coating crop. Responsible for coating each assigned lot with the proper mixture of polymer and fungicide ingredients from recipe provided. Responsible for drying each lot after to appropriate packaging moisture.
3. Shipping / Packaging Reading and processing of customer orders, work orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped. Re-pack and re-label containers as needed, marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method. Prioritize cut off times to maximize efficiency. Delivery and pick up of product as needed.
4. Inventory Sample seed lots for germination updates, disease testing, and grow out. Assisting in counting of physical inventory and cycle counts as requested.
5. Other duties as assigned Maintain an orderly warehouse and report any unsafe conditions to the Warehouse Supervisor. Operate company equipment and vehicles in accordance with company policies. May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed. Other duties as assigned.
- Education / Knowledge High school diploma or general education degree (GED), supplemented with professionally oriented training courses. Seed industry experience a plus Forklift certification required.
- Professional, assertive and clear communication skills (verbal and written). Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) with the ability to learn new applications quickly. Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales orders, work orders, safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Competencies relevant to the position
- (level 1) Cooperation
- Analytical Skills
- Planning & Organization
- Customer Orientation
- Results Orientation and Quality
- A service oriented team player.
- Highly dependable and detailed oriented.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Shows personal initiative, is flexible and pragmatic, and able to portray and promote a positive image of the company s vision, mission and values.
- Performs tasks independently, under the responsibility of the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Maintains contacts, both internal and external.
- The work may involve physical stress when packages have to be lifted. Ability to lift up to 50lbs. The work is carried out alternately in a standing or seated position, including frequent bending. Ability to work weekends and overtime. Must possess a valid driver s license and clean driving record. Frequently uses a computer screen.