Warehouse Maintenance Clean Up
After completion of proper training, a Warehouse maintenance employee moves material through the parts center using material handling equipment such as forklifts, stock chasers, tugs and picking carts as directed by the supervisor or lead person.
- Remove empty pallets from location and place in an accumulation area by pallet size
- Shred cardboard materials for use as packaging
- Using floor scrubbers (ride and walk behind) to keep warehouse floor clean
- Sort and place damaged materials in containers / bins for recycling
- Call waste management companies for bin pick up when containers are full
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Ability to perform physical activities such as, standing, walking and lifting product up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to perform repetitive work.
- Knowledge of safety requirements or procedures, including certification for machine operation.
- Ability to count accurately.
- Ability to use arm and hand movements to handle materials and product.
The above description of the position should not be considered totally inclusive of all tasks to be performed as other tasks may be added or eliminated as needed to fit the current circumstances.
The above tasks must be performed in a manner not to jeopardize the safety or health of Honda employees, temporary agency employees or vendor personnel who are on the premises.
Physical Activity and Strength Requirements:
Physical demands: Standing 70% +
Lifting Continuously (up to 50lbs)
Carrying Continuously (Carry parts to picking cart, stack items on pallets)
Pushing Frequently (Picking Carts)
Pulling Frequently (Picking Carts)
Reaching below waste level Frequently
Reaching overhead Frequently
Reaching at torso level Continuously
Changing electric forklift batteries Occasionally
Seeing Continuously (Read documents. Observe operations for safety)
Frequency Scale: Occasional = 0-33%
Frequent = 34-66%
Continuous = 67-100%