The QC Tech is responsible for proper handling of product to ensure it meets all requirements throughout the manufacturing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts lab testing to ensure specification conformance, product safety, productivity, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Hourly line testing to monitor spec. Compliance and product safety
- Places Hold tags on any product that is nonconforming
- Proper documentation of all product testing, maintenance of audit records, HACCP Deviation, Hold & Rework Product Disposition
- Performs preoperational inspections to ensure proper plant sanitation, monthly plant inspections, and works with QA Manager to determine corrective actions
- Retains sample checking to verify equilibrated product specification compliance
- Communicates with all supervisors and plant foremen to ensure accurate product handling
- Preoperational inspections and corrective actions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Must be experienced working with computers and have the ability to learn, navigate and use designated software programs as required to perform job functions. Must be able to work effectively in a multitasking work environment and prioritize workload. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization. Ability to work long periods of time, under pressure, to produce results. Solid understanding of quality concepts including variation, process control and root cause analysis. Must be familiar with Food Safety, Quality Assurance, GMP s, SSOP s, HACCP and SQF 2000 system requirements.