PLEAT MACHINE OPERATOR
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all policies, procedures, and JSAs
- Responsible for producing the highest quality product in accordance with quality standards and operating machinery following set standards and procedures.
- Adjust guide assemblies, forming bars, and folding mechanisms according to specifications using hand tools.
- Start machines and use controls to regulate tension on pressure rolls to synchronize speed of machine components and to adjust temperature of glue.
- Observe operation of machine to detect correct machine malfunctions such as improper forming, glue flow and tension.
- Measure space, cutters, and perforaters during change overs according to specs
- Place roll of media on feedtracks and thread through rollers
- Examine in process work to detect defects and verify conformance to work orders, and adjust machine as necessary to correct production problems.
- Examine finished products for defects
- Record job times, production number, supplies, and scrap used in the department
- Perform minor repairs and preventive maintenance on machine including cleaning, adjusting, and oiling.
- Maintain inventory
- Communicate product schedule with others
- Takes part in continuous improvement initiatives that directly impact work and quality of product
- Mechanical Knowledge of machine and tools
- knowledge of Mathematics
- Production and processing Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
A minimum of two years recent experience in a manufacturing environment with machine operation, mechanical, and troubleshooting skills.
High School Diploma or GED required
Must be available for training on 1st shift, Position is for 2nd shift (2: 30PM-11PM)