Kitchen Quality Control
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts and records test procedures for products and raw materials and maintains Test Equipment (Raw materials Inspection, Retention Samples, Weight Checks, Calibrations etc.)
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet testing schedules (Scheduling).
- Provides QA related technical and process direction to manufacturing, when directed.
- Observes and educates manufacturing line workers while processing when related to QA.
- Be receptive to ongoing coaching and feedback.
- Continuously improve performance based on the key performance indicators and recommendations of QA management.
- Assists department/workers in solving quality related issues.
- Active participant in the efficient implementation of quality standards, programs and processes to improve operational efficiencies and reduce/eliminate production waste and HOLD product.
- Learn and enforce all WCD GMP s and SOP s and ensure training effectiveness in application of job skills
- Product Hold and functions operate in compliance with quality system.
- Participation in lab group on safety topics, quality procedures and updates for the month.
- Participates in teams and programs as assigned.
- Conducts special test procedures to analyze components and physical properties of product materials
- Maintains time and testing records, reporting daily/monthly.
- Suggests manufacturing QA process improvements, when applicable.
- Compiles and analyzes test information to determine operating efficiency of process or equipment and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Aseptic product and environmental sampling techniques. Maintain plant environmental testing program. Suggest and follow-up on corrective actions.
- Knowledge in test solutions, compounds, and reagents for use by sanitarian personnel.
- Tests and analyzes sample products, adjusting formulas and processes based on results.
- Review all paperwork daily (own and production) to ensure it is complete and accurate.
- Participation in sample retention program including sensory evaluation and disposal
- Oversee Sanitation of production areas as needed
- Assist in audit preparedness as necessary
- Maintain a good working relationship with Production employees
- Participate in and assist with t Quarterly Employee Training, Pre-Op training, and other hands on training as necessary.
- Additional duties as requested by QA Management
- Maintain SOPs for all active products, and work collaboratively with members of the production department to verify SOPs.
- Load and maintain the production data bases in the SAP system with manufacturing related data, under the supervision of the Quality Manager.
- Ensure compliance with WCD/Trader Joe s Standards throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Able to work in spaces with 72 inches of headroom.
- May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of 36 degrees Fahrenheit and inside ambient temperatures (including heat and cold)
- Requires tolerance of standing posture up to 2 hours, over an 8-hour shift
- Occasionally work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work.
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant certifications
- Food processing experience preferred but not mandatory
- Familiarity of GMP s and HACCP protocols HACCP or SQF Certified a plus
- Ability to work in an environment where allergens are present
- Ability to work independently and multitask.
- Ability to work varied schedule including weekend and early morning shifts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to pay close attention to details, meet deadlines, and work with a diverse work force.
- Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to coaching from a supervisor.
The above approved Job Description entails the duties you will be performing at the above mentioned Client Facility. If the client asks you to perform other duties or change departments that are not covered in the above Job Description, you are to ask the Client Management to call the FSS Branch or On-site to request approval prior to making this change. Do Not Start The Position Until Approval Has Been Given By The FSS Management. If you have any issue with the Client please contact Full Steam Staffing immediately.