Reports to: Human Resources Manager (Administrative Office)
Job Purpose: The Human Resource Supervisor will act as the primary support entity for the Human Resource Manager and the Human Resource Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide technical support in the following areas:
- Advise and make recommendations to Distribution Center management on all areas of human resources
- Work closely with the DC Manager and assist on employee and temp staffing
- Coordinate performance management program by ensuring performance expectations are being set and policy guidelines are being met, conducted effectively and on a timely manner
- Facilitate effective and timely communication between all levels of employees
- Work closely with the temporary agencies on sites to ensure that the policies and procedures are being adhere to
- Serve as a backup in the processing of payroll and employee benefits
- Investigate and respond to employee complaints and EEOC charges
- Implement and apply company policies and procedures
- Monitor Distribution Center environment and notify management of issues/concerns
- Completion and submission of all unemployment information to the state in a timely manner. Representation of the Company when appropriate at all unemployment hearings and tribunals
- Professional support of the safety programs now being developed by the Safety Manager and administrative support of all Workman s Compensation Programs with Liberty Mutual, our insurance carrier
- Serve as a resource to employees for answering general benefit questions. Assist with open enrollment process
- Track compliance of new hires/pay ranges
- Supervision of the daily activities of the HR staff
- Ensure all I-9 forms are completed and accurate for all current and past employees
- Maintain Distribution Center organization charts
- Prepare, recommend and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data changes of status
- Stay current on recent federal, state and local employment law changes and monitor labor law updates for changes that affect HR
- Administer exit interviews, monitor findings, recommend changes and evaluate effectiveness
- Implement, oversee and monitor the effectiveness of distribution center training initiatives. Conduct training sessions on various HR topics if needed
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Provide advice and counsel on personnel issues. Investigate and coordinate the resolution of employee issues and conflicts in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor s degree in human resource science or general business administration with a concentration in human resource management preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of previous hands-on HR generalist and Supervisor experience required. This includes recruitment (direct hire and temps), benefits administration, payroll administration, employee/labor relations and safety/worker' s compensation preferably within a warehouse/production environment
- A combination of excellent communication, writing, and software skills (with a high proficiency in EXCEL) is also required
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred with the ability to read, write, and speak both languages at the college level
- Strong computer skills required; excellent with Excel and all Microsoft
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to manage and lead a diverse workforce.
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of DC operations
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Able to adhere to strict deadlines
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 10lbs
- Sitting at a computer for long periods of time
- Climbing stairs
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.