Bindery and Mail Assistant
The Bindery Assistant position is responsible for completing tasks by hand. They operate light duty bindery equipment, assist Operators and perform general labor. The Bindery Assistant position is for entry level and semi-skilled individuals.
The Mail Assistant position will perform effectively to the best of their ability, the following essential duties and responsibilities using their skills and knowledge. The role of the Mail Assistant is to accurately and efficiently maintaining our quality standards of mail production ans assist Equipment Operators.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Counting, collating, shrink wrapping, boxing, banding or taping, drilling and gluing a variety of printed material.
- Assist the Operators running the machines by tailing off, loading pockets and stacking skids.
- Moving the skids with the use of a pallet jack or lift truck if they are certified to operate one.
- Keep the work area neat and clean.
- Perform general labor tasks such as sweeping, stacking boxes, relocating pallets and change out paper bins that are full.
- Assist in any other bindery functions as needed and directed.
- Accurately read a ruler
- Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying & dividing)
- Read a job ticket
- Ability to perform repetitive movement to include lifting, bending & stooping.
Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, co-workers, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.