Asset Protection- Entry Level
Currently we have the following 3 shift available:
- 1 Shift - 6 a.M.
- 2nd Shift - 2 p.M.
- 3rd Shift - 10 p.M.
Reports to: Safety/ LP Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Purpose: Assist in the Asset Protection activities within the Distribution Center by supporting the department s objective. Duties include but are not limited to; The Asset Protection team primarily oversees the Yard Release Tag process and help to control the inventory of all assets and assist in the prevention of theft, monitoring processes, auditing selected store pallets, assisting operations as needed, assisting vendor process, and reporting and documenting all issues that arise on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents records of all assets
- Assist the Loss Prevention crew in areas needed
- Submit daily asset tracking reports (YRT s) to AP Clerk for data inputting
- Maintains surveillance throughout DC, observing vendors and employees, in an effort to prevent and detect theft. Report their findings
- Reports incidents and contacts a Loss Prevention Agent, Supervisor and Manager.
- Monitor weather and traffic conditions
- Conduct daily asset inventory, record quantities
- Assist in maintaining a clean work place
- Conduct loaded store audits
- Must be flexible and able to work any shift in support of business needs
- Other duties assigned- may change with short notice
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant certifications and experience
- Must be certified and able to operate Electric pallet jack, Forklift and clamp
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, meet deadlines, and work with difficult individuals or task assignments
- Relate to other people beyond receiving instructions: must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor or a vendor
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented and excellent people skills
- This position requires associates to follow MHE Operations and Safe Driving practices, Safe Lifting, No Contact Policy, MHE Check out Process, and any other safety rules or policies.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management, vendors and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. Regularly
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a Distribution Center environment with a variation of temperatures.